Saturday, July 2, 2016

On the Lake

Sitting at the head of the little boat, I felt such a pleasure because my friends volunteered to paddle the boat and I could have the leisure time for the pure scenery, and for myself.
At first the sun is not so strong, the lake, with a thin mist over it, looks a little hazy, like a girl wearing a veil, magical, but all within my touch. The lake was so quiet, she quietly flowed slowly past me, but I didn't feel her in the flow, maybe it is the same with time. Time goes by, so softly, gently, beyond our recognition.
Suddenly the sun came out of the clouds, the lake became sparkling under the sunlight. Then I could see clearly that the lake was surrounded by mountains, just like a pearl embedded in jade. The still water of the lake mirrored the shapely figure of the mountain. Then came the wind, the water rippled and shone like gold, as if the beautiful girl now wore a golden coat, she smiled and danced, welcoming me to this fantastic nature’s arms. As I leaned down to the edge of the boat, I could hear the song of the lake, it’s like whisper, but it sounds melodious and natural.
The shining sun cheered me up, I felt excited and joyful, full of energy. Facing large stretches of open water, I saw the wide prospects of my life, full of unknowns, opportunities and surprises, and I had the courage to explore.
 I looked back and my friends who are trying hard to row the boat, and they smiled at me, their hair danced in the wind with drop of water on it. I smiled back, my heart was full of appreciation for their support all along the way. 
There were many other boats and boards floating on the lake, like stars in the sky, but I felt I was alone with the lake, the mountain, the sky, the nature. I lay down in the boat and closed my eyes. With the slight shaking of the boat, I felt I was lying in a cradle, the cradle of nature. I felt calm, safe and blessed deep inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment